Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Novi's Beef

--Got Beef? Italian Beef
a chibbqking production


Novi's Beef (Berwyn, IL)

There are a few scattered mentions of Novi's beef throughout the 'net but nothing specifically about it so im going to document it here on the "official Italian beef board of Chicago" for those curious.Novi's has been at their location in Berwyn since the 1960's and is a favorite stop for many eaters in the area. I first tried Novi's when I randomly spotted it taking the old route 66 route down Ogden and immediately gave it a try since I had not heard of it which is rare for me.

Nov's does a decent homemade beef, not bad, just not special. In my opinion it's similar to the beef served at Tore's but still not better. The gravy has a nice little spice kick to it. The problem I had with Novi's was their homemade hot peppers, which are bad, sorry but they are. You only get a little tiny cup (which they charge for) when you order a beef with hot. Why cant they just put the peppers on the beef like everyone else? its better that they didn't though because these were some of the worst homemade I have had. The fries are some of the best I have tasted and by the looks of the burgers and dog's of others, they may be the way to go here. Novi's also seems to do a popular catering business and they did have some nice deals on catered buckets of beef with bread and everything else you need.


Novi's beef has some of the best fries in Chicagoland

Rating Scale 5/5

beef: 3
bread: 4
gravy: 4
hot peppers: 1


Score: 12/20

Novi
's Beef
6746 Ogden Ave.
Berwyn, IL 60402
708-749-0895
Website

3 comments:

  1. I grew up with Novi's and have been eating there for 41 years. Their giardenera is home made and the best I have had. Beef tastes the same to me as it did the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An old restaurant but with the same taste really sounds great. I think they would be having good environment for people to come and enjoy tasty fries with beef meals.
    compare airport parking

    ReplyDelete

 
Clicky Web Analytics