Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tore's Italian Beef

--Got Beef? Italian Beef
a chibbqking production

Its back into the city limits for our next stop which is to a place I first went to years ago and that's Tore's Beef. Located in Avondale on good old Western ave its been around for some time but I believe changed owners over the years too. It was actually years in between visits and wasn't until I started this here site that I had a reason I needed to go back. Its your typical Chicago beef stand with a pretty extensive menu ranging from pizza to hot dogs but today its all about the Italian beef.


a popular stop with city workers

Tore's makes their beef in house and is a popular stop with the blue collar crowd with the Italian beef being the most widely ordered item. I would consider it a must to get fries with your beef sandwich at Tore's because they do an excellent job with them. I really liked Tore's when I used to get it now and then back in high school and then hadn't gone there for a few years up until a couple months ago. As noted above there are some other good menu selections to be had but today its all about the beef, I'll feature Tore's again one day and take a look at the other items.


Tore's fresh cut fries are the real deal

On my first trip back things didn't go as smoothly as I would of hoped. The fries remained the same but my beef came without the hot peppers I ordered on it and I was taking it to go but also knew I would be back. I was checking to make sure it hadn't gone totally downhill and aside from them forgetting my hot peppers it wasn't as good as I remembered but it was also very worthy of being scored over here at beefwithhot. So I made a return visit a week or two later and ordered my beef with hot for dining in and took my mental notes upon finishing. Well the beef had the potential to score a 4 but like the previous time it just wasn't tender enough but did have good flavor. I thought the hot peppers were pretty good as well and the bread and gravy were the stronger points. The best thing were those fries and I did enjoy a few with some beef wrapped around them. All in all it was good but nothing great in the hunt for best beef in Chicagoland.


beef with hot from Tore's

Rating Scale 5/5

beef: 3
bread: 4
gravy: 4
hot peppers: 3

Score: 14/20

Tore's Italian Beef & Pizza
2804 North Western Avenue
Chicago, IL 60618
(773) 486-2600

1 comment:

  1. It looks like their fries and beef dishes are really tasty and travellers should try them at least once.
    compare airport parking

    ReplyDelete

 
Clicky Web Analytics