Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Brando's Beef

--Got Beef? Italian Beef
a chibbqking production

Around sometime last year I was informed of a newly opened beef spot in Berwyn called Brando's. As many Italian beef focused food stops as Chicago has there arent tons that focus on da beef that open up. Many and most of the stands that have already been reviewed on here have been around a while. When a new beef place opens up it tends to be franchised Al's or maybe a Pop's or Buona. I had Brando's on my mind since I was informed about it but never made it until just last month. Lets take a look.


A newly opened instant favorite beef shack in Berwyn

Brando's is a family run business that feels like they've been there forever. The staff was joking around and obviously enjoyed each others company and there was a family there for dinner and a few regulars who came in and took orders to go. Brando's menu includes other options like pizza and whats supposed to be a very good meatball sandwich but this being my first visit I was there for the beef. I went with my usual beef with hot and also an order of the fries which came with heavy praise from those who had already been. What took me so long? I thought this was one of the better beefs I've had of late. The gravy had depth to it (wasnt from a can or a bag) and the beef was excellent, made in house and finely sliced, it melted on my tongue. Those were the best parts to it while the bread was very good and the peppers were ok. I doubt they make the giardinera on site but it didn't detract from this classic example of a Chicago style Italian beef sandwich. If they can be consistent it's gotta be considered one of the best.


Brando's Beef with hot and fresh cut fries

Rating Scale 5/5

beef: 5
bread: 4
gravy: 5
hot peppers: 3


Score: 17/20

Brando's Beef
6838 Windsor Avenue
Berwyn, IL 60402
(708) 788-2333
Website

1 comment:

  1. This place closed and re-opened on Ogden near Ridgeland the name is now Bubba & Bobby's. Still good beef

    ReplyDelete

 
Clicky Web Analytics